Why Go Organic?
10 Reasons to Go Organic
- Toxic exposure can cause birth defects, pollution, health issues and suffering by farm animals.
- Choosing organic minimizes the use of toxins while protecting our ecosystems, soil and water quality, diversity and family health.
- We are eating shampoo chemicals. A 2010 study published in the journal Environmental Health Perspectives found hormone-disrupting phthalates, common fragrance chemicals used in soaps and shampoos inside our produce.
- Make sure to use organic personal care products.
- Certain bug-killing organophosphate pesticides are linked to obesity, diabetes and could interfere with your vitamin D levels.
- Organic personal care products nourish your skin and body.
- It only takes 26 seconds or less for your skin to absorb what you put on it.
- We also ingest lip products, and can inhale sprays and powders. Hand creams can be ingested when we eat with our hands.
Reduce Exposure to Harmful Chemicals
- Eating organically grown foods reduces your exposure to harmful chemicals and toxins such as pesticide residue.
- The FDA tests only 1% of foods for pesticide residue.
- The National Academy of Sciences reports that 90% of the chemicals applied to foods have not been tested for long-term health effects before being deemed ‘safe.’
- FDA and Health Canada approved personal care products on the market contain harmful ingredients such as diethyl phthalate, petroleum-based ingredients and parabens. These chemicals are known to cause many health issues.
- Look for products that contain the USDA organic seal and other organic logos/certification.
- Genetically modified organisms do not have to be labeled.
- Organic farmers are not allowed to grow GMO crops.
- Choosing organically grown food ensures the food has not been genetically modified.
- Small changes in the genetic makeup of food can lead to unexpected human health risks.
Preserve Our Environment (Eco-friendly)
- Organic farming preserves our soil and water keeping farmland healthy.
- Organic personal care products are better for the environment because organic farming does not use synthetic chemicals, pesticides and fertilizers which have a negative impact on the environment.
- Phthalates and other chemicals in personal care products make their way into our water systems affecting aquatic organisms.
- Organic farming uses half the amount of energy than conventional farming methods and help sequester carbon back into the soil.
- Pesticides, fertilizers and chemicals are poisoning our water and contaminating our environment.
- Certified organic standards do not permit the use of toxic chemicals in farming.
Protect Our Water and Soils
- Organic farms are required to manage their soil and water systems, and are inspected annually.
- They do not use synthetic fertilizers or toxic chemicals.
- Organic farming builds healthy soil microbiology and prevents erosion leaving the soil fertile for future generations.
- Organically grown foods contain more nutrients because the soil is managed sustainably.
- The Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine conducted a review of 41 published studies comparing the nutritional value of organically grown crops to conventionally grown crops. It concluded that there are significantly more nutrients in organically grown crops.
Promote Biological and Agricultural Diversity
- Organic agriculture builds healthy ecosystems.
- Organic farms tend to have higher biodiversity on and around their land which promotes sustainability and ecological balance.
- Organic farmers collect and preserve heirloom and rare seeds, and grow a range of food.
- It is estimated that 75% of the genetic diversity of agricultural crops has been lost.
Avoid Hormones, Antibiotics and Drugs from Animal Products and By-Products
- Remember you are what they ate.
- The EPA reports that a majority of pesticide intake comes from meat, poultry, fish, eggs and dairy products.
- Antibiotics, drugs and growth hormones are directly passed into the meat and dairy products.
- Organic farming prohibits the use of virtually all synthetic animal drugs.
Keep Your Children and Family Safe
- Exposure to harmful chemicals such as pesticides can significantly put you and your family at a higher risk of contracting cancer.
- Children are exposed when they eat food loaded with pesticide residue.
- Choosing organic reduces the exposure and keeps your family safe.
- By using organic personal care products you are protecting your children and family since many chemicals found in our daily products have been linked to several health problems.
When you use organic products, your skin and body are more balanced, and show less signs of stress and aging. Organic products contain more active ingredients, and are not as expensive as you think.
Organic products are also not tested on animals. Read the ingredients before purchasing any personal care products. Natural and organic labels are deceiving!!
The Miessence Difference
- Miessence is the world's first extensive range of internationally certified organic products for skin, hair, body, cosmetic, oral and nutrition.
- Products are delivered directly to you fresh, within a short time of being made in a unique cold formulation to ensure fully potent living active ingredients.
- No organic ingredient enters our production process before it has been officially certified organic and no product leaves our warehouse without it passing our multi-faceted quality control tests.
- Our supply chain, manufacturing processes and freight distribution is 110% certified carbon negative. Carbon negative means we offset MORE than we emit in our manufacturing, transportation and promotion processes.
- Our non-toxic, non-leaching packaging meets the standards for organic certification and we use renewable energy in our production facilities and offices.
THE GODESANA DIFFERENCE
goDésana's products are raw, plant-based functional whole food derived from wildcrafted, pesticide-free, and organic. Our manufacturers and suppliers can certify to our ingredients and to our low- to no-heat processes which maintains the integrity of the raw whole food including nutrients and enzymes.
We insist on only the purest ingredients and the finest manufacturing processes for our bio-available and purposeful formulations. All of our ingredients are guaranteed to be: